NO UNTURNED STONE by David James Warren - 10 Things + Excerpt
We're thrilled to welcome David James Warren, author of No Unturned Stone, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
The continuing adventures of Rembrandt Stone from the creative minds of James L. Rubart, Susan May Warren, and newcomer David Curtis Warren, writing collectively as David James Warren.
No Unturned Stone
The One Rule Is, Don’t Mess With The Past
But he did, and now ex-detective Rembrandt Stone is reaping the devastation of ignoring those words when he traveled back in time to solve the one case that had haunted his dreams.
Yes, he solved the crime. Yes, he saved lives. But Rembrandt returns to find the unthinkable has happened and his life has shattered.
There’s only one answer: break the rule again. Go back in time once more, fix what went wrong, save what went right, and yeah, in his spare time solve another brutal crime.
But it’s not so easy to change time, especially when time turns you into a target. And of course there’s the strong possibility if he goes again, he’ll never get back.
Get ready for your mind to be blown in Book 2 of the time-travel suspense series, The True Lies of Rembrandt Stone.
“So, I read this book in one sitting. ONE. I never do that, ever. Seriously, ever. It's that good.”— The Cozy Bookworm
Enjoy an Excerpt from
No Unturned Stone
Just try and outrun your demons, I dare you.
I sit in my daughter’s upstairs bedroom, in my half-remodeled craftsman, the morning bright against the window, holding a black teddy bear in my shaking hands. Gomer, a throwaway gift to my then four-year-old daughter, almost an afterthought I picked up from a drugstore as I raced home from work on a long-ago birthday.
A white star is embedded in the toy’s fur, and this version of Gomer still has both eyes. They stare at me, black, glassy.
It’s all wrong.
Please, God, let me wake up.
It’s a fear that stalks every man, at least the ones like me, middle aged, married, a father of one, trying to frame his life into something that resembles success. A fear that, despite his heroic attempts, and as much as he tries to live in the light, his mistakes will find him.
And the price of those mistakes will cost him everything.
The voice that confirms it is seven years old, a deafening memory deep inside my head. “But daddy, you’re a detective. You know how to find things.”
Overnight my life has imploded.
My house is now a war zone, the product of fury and panic, the drawers opened, dumped out, my office bearing the wreckage of my disbelief. I spent the past hour digging through my belongings—our belongings—to find anything that might give me answers.
My seven-year-old daughter, Ashley, has vanished.
End of Excerpt
Copyright © 2021 by TriStone Media Group, LLC and David James Warren. Shared with permission.
Ten Things Readers Probably Don’t Know About Me
1. I lettered in football.
2. I’ve been sky diving.
3. I have 2 literary dogs--Water Mitty and Jubal Sackett
4. I’m a massive fan of Quantum Leap (who isn’t?)
5. I love to watercolor paint in my off time.
6. I’m a closet fantasy reader.
7. I watch sailing shows on YouTube at night to relax.
8. I dream of sailing the world with my husband.
9. I ‘m a scuba diver…and ran out of air will 100 feet down in the Mediterranean Sea.
10. I’m a little bossy. :)
1. I used to be a semi-pro magician and was invited to perform for George W. Bush during his first presidential run.
2. I’m a scuba diver.
3. I crushed three fingers on my right hand when I was one and a half years old but a miracle happened and the fingers healed and grew like normal.
4. I’ve almost drowned—twice.
5. I used to be on air at a Seattle radio station.
6. I have no concept of how long things are going to take.
7. I love cake, but I don’t need the cake. (Frosting!)
8. I barely passed math in high school. (And no, I’ve never used any of the things I almost learned.)
9. I can juggle.
10. If I’ve been to a place once I can find my way there again. (But I can’t keep track of anything in my home.)
1. I fast regularly
2. I have one pointed ear
3. I love reading and writing poetry
4. I like to swim in jeans
5. I chew my nails
6. I was a theater minor (even though I can’t dance)
7. My chess.com rating is about 1350. (Good, but not great.)
8. As a kid, I loved playing with Legos and Bionicles.
9. I almost never look at social media.
10. I’ve been to more than 10 different countries.
(1) winner will receive a print copy of Cast the First Stone & No Unturned Stone!
Full tour schedule linked below. Giveaway began at midnight April 6, 2021 and will last through 11:59 PM EST on April 13, 2021. Winner will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or risk forfeiture of prize. US only. Void where prohibited by law or logistics.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
writing as David James Warren
James L. Rubart is 28 years old, but lives trapped inside an older man’s body. He’s the best-selling, Christy Hall of Fame author of ten novels and loves to send readers on mind-bending journeys they’ll remember months after they finish one of his stories. He’s dad to the two most outstanding sons on the planet and lives with his amazing wife on a small lake in eastern Washington. More at http://jameslrubart.com/
Susan May Warren is the USA Today bestselling, Christy and RITA award–winning author of more than eighty novels whose compelling plots and unforgettable characters have won acclaim with readers and reviewers alike. The mother of four grown children, and married to her real-life hero for over 30 years, she loves traveling and telling stories about life, adventure, and faith.
For exciting updates on her new releases, previous books, and more, visit her website at www.susanmaywarren.com.
David Curtis Warren is making his literary debut in these novels, and he’s never been more excited. He looks forward to creating more riveting stories with Susie and Jim, as well as on his own. He’s grateful for his co-writers, family, and faith, buoying him during the pandemic of 2020, and this writing and publishing process.
CONNECT WITH DAVID: Instagram
Title: No Unturned Stone
Series: The True Lies of Rembrandt Stone #2
Author: David James Warren
Publisher: TriStone Media
Release Date: April 6, 2021
Genre: Time Travel Detective Series
Content Note: PG
Thank you for visiting and reading!
Feel inspired? Want others to experience the book magic? We hope you'll support this author by sharing with your friends. Have you read the book? Let us know your thoughts!